Friday, October 10, 2008

Daddy's day off

Dad was in charge of the kids yesterday. At around 10am, I got a report - Sophia was eating a full portion of the chocolate ice-cream. At twelve in the afternoon - I heard that she was running bear-feet on the playground, playing with the other children in the water. I guess they were baby-sat by their dads, also.
All in all, the day was a success. The family was waiting for me outside when I got back from work. Sophia, as expected, was in full parade - she was wearing an evening dress, high-heel shoes, and, of course, a purse. Emil was dressed more moderately - his attire was more casual.
The dinner was a hit, too. Emil's supper consisted of the jar of sweet potatoes. I learned, as soon as I started feeding him, that this was, in fact, Sophia's favourite food, and we have deprived her of such fine dining experience for too long. Hanging off the chair, Sophia couldn't wait to see if Emil would leave her some of his food, so she demanded her own. Hoping that, perhaps, this would actually be her dinner, I gave her a jar. She was content with just a few spoonfulls. She'll finish tomorrow, she explained. And now, can she please have a slice of pizza?
The slice of pizza that we got from the nearby pizzeria was, in fact, consumed in its entirety. Of course, it did take more than 35 minutes, since the supper was so close to bed-time. But guess what - there was no cereal request after it, so I guess the supper was a hit?!

Here are Sophisms for today:
-Папа скоро будет стартый, надо его выборсить
-Junky пур - йом киппур
-Папа, давай ты будешь лошадью, а я буду тебя кормить стеном

No comments: