Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We've had quite a busy weekend. Seeing how Sophia has such a talent for dance, we have been trying out different schools in the past few weeeks that offer pre-ballet classes. As you know, I am quite a critical spectator, so I couldn't settle on just anything. As a result, the child was shlepped to a few different places until I found something that I felt was appropriate. Brighton Ballet School seems to have the program all worked out - they even have an accompanist for the classes. So, we're enrolling her there for now and we'll see how it goes.
My brother and his fiance were here in NY for the weekend, so we had dinner at my parents with them on Sunday. Kathy had the make-up and hair trials, so she came to dinner all "dressed up". Sophia took a note of that, and is now demanding an "up-do" every morning before school. Along with the wardrobe selection process, it takes up all the alloted time for getting ready for school in the morning.
Emilka is adjusting well to not having me at home during the day, but as soon as I walk in the door in the evening, he remembers my main reason for existance (it is to feed him and play with him). In fact, he is already displaying his manhood to us - he fell asleep on the couch yesterday while watching TV. The little guy was sitting quitely on my lap watching Food Network with us, when I realized that he has dozed off. Typical...
Stay tuned for future updates. I'll try to come up with some entertainment the next time I update you guys.
For now, here are the Sophisms of the week:
-Мама, как зовут папу Стаса?
-Дядя Вадик
-Как? Дядя Гадик?

-У меня болит нога
-Почему?
-Я прыгала, прыгала, и допрыгалась

No comments: