Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Little Russian Ballerina

Whoever said that you should not bribe children? They must have not had their own kids, I say. Sophia and I worked out a deal today - she'd stay in ballet class by herself, and she'll get ice-cream when we come back home. Alas, the good old bribe has worked, and I was able to leave the room. I wandered around for a while, ready at any given moment to launch an operation "Save the Child". When I did come back, about 30 minutes later, what I saw was an angelic child in a purple lietard carefully listening to the ballet teacher and repeating her every move. I was even able to record a few seconds of the dance routine. In fact, the teacher approached me after class to tell me that she things Sophia is a natural. "Little Russian Ballerina" with a big future... Later in the evening, Sophia has decided to take on music practice. I am posting here a short video of the session. Do note the dress code - according to our multi-talented child, it is intentional. I would have recorded and shown you more, but since I have the new camera, the quality of the pictures and videos restrict me from showing more than just a few seconds. Oh, and by the way, I was just warned by the computer that the space on my D drive where I maintain all photo and video files has reached its limits, so I appeal to those in command of this space to urgently do something about it.
P.S. Due to the shortage of space, I wasn't able to download the video from the ballet class. We'll have to figure out what to do with it when Sasha is back from Berlin, so check back in a few days.

No comments: