Monday, May 25, 2009

Just talking

Hello
Just figured I'd give you an update on the last few weeks. Sasha's parents and Anya were here in New York this week, and Sasha was on vacation, so there was partying almost every day. We've celebrated Emil's first birthday (Happy Birthday, Emil!!) - thank you to our family and friends who have celebrated with us. We had a great time, and Emil has enjoyed himself as well. Of course, when it came time to blow the birthday candle - Sophia was right there to offer her services. I think we may have a picture of that, I'll look and post it if I find it.
Sophia and Emil certainly got a lot of attention from everyone. Sophia now seems very mature, and as great as that is - there aren't as many Sophisms anymore. I guess we'll need to wait for the Emilisms now, but it may be a while. He's not really saying much yet, aside from occasional mama and papa... He says "мя" whenever he sees a ball (or an onion, which, apparently, can be used as a ball in the absence of such), but other than that - there aren't many words that he is willing to waste his breath on. It'll come, I guess.
I think there are quite a few pictures since the last time I posted, so I will update the Picassa web. Can't promise that it will be today, but I'll get to it.
Write to us - we miss you all.

No comments: