Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What's cooking?

The day started with Sophia declaring that she dreamt about me ("Мамочка, я о тебе мечтала"). I was intrigued by the statement, and asked for clarification. Turned out, the dream was not so much about me, but about me making a cake. "Funny", I thought, and proceeded with the daily routine. I was treated to a pedicure (courtesy of Sophia, of course), Emil received his regular swedish massage, thankfully, omiting the hot rocks. We then went to the playground, where Sophia has spent some quality time with her friends, Emma and Eva. Nothing beats discussing current affairs and the upcoming snacks on the porta-potty (an exerpt of this discussion can be viewed below in the video clip).

It was determined that the snacks that the own mother provides are much inferior to the same prepared by the opposite mother. We, the mothers, have taken note of this, and are now careful to prepare snacks that satisfy tastes and dietary restrictions of all three children. At 7pm, I have decided to wrap up the day, and asked Sophia what she would like to have for dinner. With no hesitation, she has answered that she will be having...cupcakes. Apparently, I should have taken a note of this 12 hours ago. There was no compromise on this - Sophia was insistant that she is to be served cupcakes for dinner, and generously suggested that she would help to prepare them. Emil was left to entertain himself in the swing, and I had began the preparations. Forty minutes later, the cupcakes were ready. Feel free to review the recipe below, relayed by the sous-chef, Sophia



Sophism of the day:

Мама, подвесь меня на канаде

No comments: