Monday, November 9, 2009

Long overdue

All:
My sincere apologies for taking so long to update you. I have recently (well, a month ago or so) started a new post, but given that I never finished it.....

I am not going to do a long update, but will post the one I started before, with a summary of the most recent Sophisms that we've recorded. Thanks for your continuous support and requests to keep this fresh. Keep them going and you may just get me to write :-)

-Written around November...
For quite some time now, I've been trying to find excuses for not keeping this site up to date. With Sophia in school now, and Emil not standing still for one second, it's hard to find the time. By the time the two of them are in bed - I am simply fried and can't even think cohesively, let alone write....
With kids away in MI this week, I can no longer use the excuse of being too busy. I just got home from MI, and decided to guilt myself into giving you at least a little bit of an update.

Sophia is doing great in the new school. She goes there three times a week, and her English has really improved. She is not shy around the other kids that don't speak Russian anymore, and really lets her personality be known. She likes the school, the only disadvantage that she sees is that they have "quiet time" (they get to lie down for 30 mins, I really wish I got that at work). When she just started, she had a difficult time adjusting, but now that a few months went by, she seems to be happy going there...
Her skills in Russian are really improving, too. They've been reading a lot in Pushkin (her Russian school, she still goes there twice a week), and we've been keeping up with it as well. She is reading really well by now, I'm really impressed by what she can do. We're starting to work on telling time, too, and it seems to be getting a good reception.

Emil is getting to be quite a man. He's a very determined little boy - he gets what he wants. Usually, what he wants is food - be it his own, Sophia's, or anyone else's. He doesn't let a bagel, snitzel or a sausage pass him - he goes for it, and he gets it. He still isn't really speaking (!), but that doesn't mean that he can't tell us what he wants. He has acquired quite a useful vocabulary:"Дай, туда" are his operative words. He knows a few other words, too, but those are not used quite as often.

Sophisms:
Я иду на рыбаловку

-София, знаешь, как делать желе?
-Да. Налить кипячащую воду и постоять

-София, ты не ешь ничего зеленого (имея в виду овощи)
-Ну как, вот же, зеленое на миске нарисовано

-Брызь для тела (одеколон)

-Песня "нагила галка"

-Плавающий сыр

-У меня есть дубленка.. из дуба

-А ты кто по микроскопу? (имеет в виду гороскоп)

Овец и Овечка

-Галя, тебя кто родил?
-Мама
-Моя мама?!!!!

-А в Израиле живут мои ... (задумалась) правнуки?
ovetz & ovetchka

-София, не вытирай руки о кресло
-Ничего, я их уже облизала

No comments: