This past week was a little difficult. Sophia's school called me on Wednesday, telling me that Sophia is not feeling well, her temperature is rising, and I should come pick her up. I didn't get the message until around 11am (they left it an hour earlier), and once I realized that everyone was trying to get in touch with me, I rushed to pick her up. Since the fever was going up, and the school is near the doctor's office anyway, I decided to bring her in to the office. As predicted, the doctor really didn't say much except that she is obviously sick and needs rest. They gave us some motrin to bring the fever down and sent us home.
Sophia stayed home on Thursday, too, and wasn't up to doing much. The only thing that she expressely wanted was to sleep with me or Sasha in the living room. So, again, we played musical beds moving around in the middle of the night at the whimper of one kid and then another. It wasn't long before Emilka got sick, also, so the two kids kept busy for a few days.
We had an exciting trip to the post office on Saturday. We have decided that it was really time for us to get passports for the kids, and so we went to apply. Sophia was very proud that she was getting her own passport, and was upset to find out that she wasn't going to get one right there and then. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long, as we are trying to book a vacation somewhere warm in April.
Now that the kids are both in bed, I think it's also time for me to go get some rest. Sasha is on call tonight, he won't be home until at least midnight.
Name Change
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment